Over the years we have had the privilege and pleasure of meeting hundreds of people with wonderful ideas for new books. For many of them, writing a book was only a far-off dream, something they hoped to do someday. With our encouragement, they went on to produce a beautiful, useful addition to the literature in their field.
New ideas and authors are the lifeblood of what we do here. We have gathered together a team of people who will do everything they can to make the concept of a book become a reality. Please keep in mind that we do not currently accept submissions for Fiction books, autobiographies, memoirs, or poetry books. However, we are open to any proposal that relates to metaphysics, spirituality or personal development.
If you are one of those people who always dreamed of writing a book, we would love to hear from you. Below are guidelines for submission:
Email us at Proposals@redfeatherpub.com OR send a package to:
Attn: Red Feather Proposal
Schiffer Publishing Ltd
4880 Lower Valley Road
Atglen, PA 19310
(Include a SASE if you’d like your materials back):
- Street Address (please include the street address for use by UPS or FedEx)
- Zip Code
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- Work Phone
- Proposed title
- The basic idea of the book you are proposing. What we need is a brief description, enough to let us know what you are thinking, but not more than you wish to reveal at this early stage of conversation.\
- Your background in the field
- A sample chapter or writing sample
- A description of your target audience, i.e. size, age, level of organization, etc.
- Tell us how your book/deck is different from any comparable books?
- Where do you see your book/deck being reviewed, marketed, and sold?
For Tarot or Oracle proposals, please include the following:
- 8-10 (preferably all) finished card illustration samples. If Tarot, please provide examples of both the Major and Minor Arcana. (They do not have to be high resolution at this point but be prepared to supply those.)
- A 200-word focus of the slant/theme of your deck or book and the writing associated with the illustrations you’ve provided. If Tarot, please indicate the primary structural influence if applicable i.e. Rider-Waite-Smith, Thoth, Marsielle. (Please note that you will be required to supply the original artwork or the original scans at the final submission.)
- A prospective table of contents. If a book without deck, prepare a chapter outline.
- A bio telling about yourself and your credentials to write in your chosen field.
- An analysis of how you plan to incorporate your book or project into your business plan—what will you do to promote the book or project?
- A completed marketing spreadsheet.
If you envision cards without borders with bleeds going to the sides, there must not be important artwork for at least 1/4 inch around all sides. This is an area printer may cut off – you don’t want important parts of your image cut off. If there is art inside that 1/4 inch, we will be forced to use borders to protect your art.
Ratios should be the same for each illustration/photograph for decks.
A book without cards should be pitched in the same fashion as any other book proposal with sample images, focus/outline, and sample chapters.
If there is interest in your proposal, we will contact you to set up a phone appointment to speak with you further. Please note that due to the volume of submissions received, it may take up to 12 weeks for us to contact you. Thank you in advance for your understanding